Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Sweetness



The great thing about a holiday is that it does not commence the moment
you switch off your computer.
No, it starts with the visits to the Visa-office, the trips to the mall to buy luggage and the grocery-store scouting for the smallest-toothpaste, hand-wipes, the travel-sized whatever.

And then to see a movie with a friend and some of the scenes
are "on location" to where you'll be heading. Awesome.


So: my holiday actually starts months ahead of the "boarding call" announcement.

and isn't it great; how when you are excited and inspired
it spills over to your world?

I'm more friendly to the beggar at the red light,
I'm graceful on the road (letting people in) and I'm all zen at work.
I recently saw "Inception" and thought about the power of the mind and the power of an idea.

Pity I can't fool myself into "believing" I'm going on holiday every few
months when the drab-reality and monotonous "task-ticking" of adult life gets you down...
June and July was like that: the darkest dark is just before sunrise.

Where even trying to break the monotony
feels like sad repetition.
Where the feeling seeps away and you're left with a half-soul, a half-tear and a deadening and infuriating feeling
of being trapped in a world which is of your own making...

Bliss to also look back at that now and have this grateful peace that we are over half of August already :)



No comments:

Post a Comment