Thursday, September 30, 2010

bigger than huge


Bigger than huge are the many photos we took with the camera which Elrika bought for us. Thanks El for transacting and storing! What a treasure.
I'm trying to upload some photos without being
caught out by the company-productivity red alert- filter :)








First day in London after 5 year absence.
As I wrote in my postcard to my friends:
its like a fiery kiss from an old lover.
Familiar, but sensational. ♥ ♥
The tube, overland, red busses, the shops, the sky-line, the Thames, the boats, the galleries, the vibe, the mentality, the heart of the city.
Unreal. the names on the map speaks to me... reminds me of fun & exploration. We visited Fran and she hosted us for two nights
( Thanks my angel-cousin! ) here we are in front of her 3 storey house in SW16.



We had the spare room and we had no energy spare after the stroll around Wimbledon (and some long-awaited shopping in centre court shopping centre)
Looked how exhausted we are!




And we took a cat nap since we had arranged to meet friends at the Pitcher & Piano (which I found was no longer in Wimbledon Village... ) so we opted for the Dog & Fox (you've got to love the pubs' names!)
I've forgotten how long the bus & train take and we were 30 minutes late!


Luckily no one was dying of thirst and the first thought that sprang to Chris' mind when the barman offered assistance was : "Windhoek"


only in Wimbledon.
no problem.
It was nice seeing everybody! ( Elzanne, Marc, Simone, Fran )

Chris and I spent some time on the 39- Bus from Clapham to Putney and enjoyed the buildings and gardens and scenery as I rambled on about my old apartment, previous- house-mates, old this and that until he saw the "overland- train" sign and suggested that we better head back to Fran's if we are to get to Gatwick on time (by now we've better allocated travel-time to our daily schedule )




Plan: Meet Jane Carré (who lives in Aldershot, UK) who will swop grandma- Janet's packet (for grandchild-Nathan) for a little something we will courier to Gail (Jane's sister) who lives in Germany ( Frankfurt, Langen )




Here is a photo of me with Nathan (who is either scared by Chris' massive camera lens or my personal bubble intrusion, you be the judge)




that is allf or now... it is time for Person of the week.....


From, Maria




























































1 comment:

  1. Maria!
    ek het nou so lekker gelees. ek soek nog! ag toe.
    Lief vir jou
    Ronel xxx

    ReplyDelete