Monday, September 6, 2010

Pictures of my 30th Birthday Lunch




Birthday Bliss.... started a week early. 28th August Lunch --Spoilt rotten at work on Friday 3rd Sept. (Pics at the end)





Lovely Lunch at Schoongezicht Guesthouse
Even better hospitality.








Thirty is not bad at all... it was a day of poetry and laughter..



i carry your heart with me
by E. E. Cummings


i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)









As once the winged energy of delight
carried you over childhood's dark abysses,
now beyond your own life build the great
arch of unimagined bridges.

Wonders happen if we can succeed
in passing through the harshest danger;
but only in a bright and purely granted
achievement can we realize the wonder.

To work with Things in the indescribable
relationship is not too hard for us;
the pattern grows more intricate and subtle,
and being swept along is not enough.

Take your practiced powers and stretch them out
until they span the chasm between two
contradictions...For the god
wants to know himself in you.

Rainer Maria Rilke












stunning - overwhelmingly special gifts from my Metropolitan-friends. Thanks all!










bag filled with goodies which made my heart sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment