Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hard hitting read


I'm currently reading Larry Winget's (anti-self help) book titled
shut up
stop whining
& get a life


yes, he is meant to look mean and he calls himself the pitbull of personal development.
Once I got over the cover (it is neither the font nor colours that I like) the message really was powerful.
It was refreshing and yes, it was not new, but the delivery was.

a) we don't listen enough
(we don't listen to people who are more successful than ourselves)
we don't listen to criticism and we don't listen to our hearts
__________________________________

ps. with the term success: please interpret and substitute it with meaningful content
success for me:
a person who lives a healthy, balanced life, stepping up with gratitude and challenge, while operating from a humble, yet efficient mental place.
____________________________________________________

b) we are self-involved and carry around (expressed or unexpressed) disappointment.
This is toxic and we release this negative "this happened-to-me, that happened -to-me" vibe to the people who least deserve it (our loved ones)

c) take responsibility for every little thing in your life
(the way you talk to yourself and those around you, the way you drive, the way you treat the grocery-till clerk, the way you eat, what you eat, who you spend time with and how much.)

I'll probably be elaborating more in the weeks to come as I learn more.

ciao for now,


No comments:

Post a Comment