Thursday, October 6, 2011

Julie D-wisdom

original text by Julie, from Unabashedly Female
this is a guest post she did for Britt Bravo. (California, USA)
READ MORE: Have fun. Do Good.


Writing this post has been an illuminating process. From the outside, it seems like a fairly straightforward idea…how I make time for what matters. But, as I sat with the question of what really matters to me, I realized, over time, that what matters isn’t anything I do, it is who I am being, and how I relate to life when I do whatever it is I do.

Below are qualities of being that bring me peace and a resonance with life as it unfolds.

Simple – The busier life gets, the more my soul yearns for simple: less stuff in my life and being with things in a conscious way. When I feel the word "simple" my body relaxes, my breath deepens, my heart opens.


Connected – I’ve spent much of my life as an introvert – perhaps by design, but also by conditioning. What matters to me now is how I am relating to life itself, whether it be family or friends, work colleagues, or the whole of life.


Receiving – Becoming more open and vulnerable has been one of the most challenging (and rewarding) shifts in my way of being in the world. As Hilary Hart writes, “Asking for help is not a solution. It is a state of being.”


Creatively Expressed – There is a channel of creativity that flows directly through each and every one of us. When I’ve expressed what wants to be expressed, I feel peace; when I block it, I feel frustrated, stuck, and sometimes feel a kind of depression. This expression comes through me in many forms: coaching clients, dancing, photography, writing prose and poetry, business, and being with friends and family.





______________ beautiful words, Thanks Julie_________________________
ps. the beautiful ceramic ware can be found at Vanilla Concrete (Somerset west, Western Cape)

No comments:

Post a Comment