Friday, November 18, 2011

friday fun after the frantic rush


One of the themes of my last month was:
running at break-neck speed and trying to get a billion little things done (in a day)
so this post by Marianne Elliot (in conversation with Tara Mohr, picture above) resonated with me:

"My ongoing challenge is overestimating how much I can do in a day (or an hour, for that matter) and then feeling rushed, like I’m always trying to catch up with the pace I’ve set for my own life.


One of the practices I’ve developed that helps with that is a morning check-in where I set myself some very realistic and simple “conditions of satisfaction” for the day (I learned this from Jen Louden)."


so- this weekend I'll try to slow down, reflect, breathe, eat slowly, have hours and hours of conversation with my parents and reconnect with my true pace.






I can't wait.
love, m

No comments:

Post a Comment