Tuesday, January 4, 2011

tropical totally HOT Tuesday


I went into the swimming pool at 10am in Paarl... a cool start to the day. Noah thought so too!
wish I had a photo to post about that beautiful cocker-spaniel (which facilitates the creepy-crawly to jam due to leaves & sand distribution in their pool!)

Thanks Marcelle for wonderful time at your place.

The wedding-celebration is the 22nd of January and I can't wait for this stylish couple to raise their glasses to a life-partnership!

It is Alain's bachelor-weekend (8,9 Jan ) and the girls will "hold the fort" in Moll-street, Paarl. yay- can't wait !!

That made me think about houses and a home. It made me think of what constitutes a home...
(some pics to ponder.)

I drove into Cape Town at 13h with a superb clear view of Table mountain and the spectacular boats/ ships in the harbour.
It was good to see cousin-London- indefinite-leave to remain- Fran Bruce.


(Hope your tummy feels stronger babe!)

I am in love with Blanche's apartment. She lives right by St Cyprian's school and the spacious flat has beautiful old 70's style kitchen cupboards, funky wall-tattoos and just a totally welcoming ambiance of "slip your shoes off and get comfortable"



I find it unpretentious and inviting you to "live in it" ... not just be a prop / accessory in it.
When Blanche and I climbed into the Citroen, the dashboard said 50 degrees... I am sure that is not possible.
We set off for Cavendish and found a cool throw for Blanche's lounge-chair. Good stuff.
all in all a scorcher of a day, hot with beautiful sisters and friends.
Thanks, I'm counting my blessings
(oh, all pics courtesy of "wallpaper"- magazine and australian magazine: homelife )

No comments:

Post a Comment