Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mystical Maya Angelou


This is the header of Maya Angelou's blog. Go there by clicking here.

She is beyond amazing and impactful.
I share with you today, an extract of her poem: "On the pulse of morning".
She read this at former president Bill Clinton's inauguration.

"... acrosss the wall of the world,
a river sings a beautiful song,
Come rest here by my side.

Each of you a bordered country,
Delicate and strangely made, proud,
Yet thrusting perpetually under siege.
Your armed struggles for profit
Have left collars of waste upon
My shore, currens of debris upon my breast.

Yet, today I call you to my riverside,
If you will study war no more. Come,
clad in peace, and I will sing the songs
The Creator gave to me when I and the
Tree and the stone were one...."




No comments:

Post a Comment