Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Africology and Ascona

shop window... pretty Pretty !!!


Hi There

I've just had the most amazing- pamper experience:
Thanks to my dear sister Maggie, who is a manager at The Pepper Club Hotel & Spa.
The Africology Pedicure...(gift from Maggie ) complete with hot stone foot & leg massage.. 1hour bliss... Thanks Bianca ( good luck at Crystal Towers spa!)
Now my feet are all pretty for the 3- day strat session (ie: strategising, drinking red-wine and seeing how we fare at horse-riding) at Lanzerac...
starting tomorrow ( I can't wait !)

ok, back to the subject line: Africology and Ascona...
the similarities:
both types of pleasure starts with an A,
both are A-class and they have the same effect on me... a feeling of such total well-being that it is absolutely intoxicating.

Ascona...aaah... magical ex-fishing village at the southern tip of Switzerland, dipping its Swiss toe in the lake which represents the Italian border.

Julie and Steve rented a car and we drove over the Gotthard Pass to Ascona.
some pics :)





every shutter, every lock & key, every little cobbled street is like something from an old prose- selection.



the superlatives escape me.... it's pure poetry



café style weekend.... like Paris... only cleaner and by Lake Maggiore.
You can refill your water bottle at any of the many public, free, crystal natural clear Swiss-water fountains....






yachts Moore







cute little courtyard- a real taylor. I waited outside and was reminded of my childhood- Sonstraal "skillie". Look mom!






No comments:

Post a Comment