Friday, December 24, 2010

and counting....





so excited for my friends to arrive on BA0059....at 9am.
It is normal for me to have difficulty sleeping if I'm this excited and this morning
the garden benefited by an early- watering, my bed was made (also not a given) and the coffee plunger was taken out... ready to welcome the Europeans to home-brewed freshness.

Christmas... I've been battling to find the Christmas "place" in my heart... that childhood optimism and excitement and the magical retelling of the Baby in the Manger.
The shops were driving me mad and every evening I'd think "phew, thank goodness that was the last trip to the mall" I would discover something else I missed / lacked.

I'm happy that whatever I've forgotten will stay forgotten.
My guests and dear friends are coming in a few hours and my youngest-sister will join us in the evening. so there is nothing to do about whatever I've forgotten.

Talking about forgotten and leaving it be.
What didn't happen this year that you feel: oh well, the year is over and I didn't do / get/ bake it and you know what: its fine. I'll just do without it / leave it / put it to rest.

I've tried to think of a couple of things that fall into that category.
"tough sh%t" I didn't do it / make it / buy / acquire and that's fine.
It was surprisingly difficult... I obviously live in a very "to do"-orientated frame of mind.

Perhaps that is a good and challenging new year-resolution...to adopt an attitude of "Toughies" I didn't get to it/ do it.. sort of an anti-ambition....
the idea is growing on me already.

- I didn't lose 5 kg
- I didn't sort out my mental-clutter
- I didn't relocate to Wellington or London
- I didn't do an interior decorating course
- I didn't learn photography - skills (see below from Sarah Kaye and Georgianna Lane for inspiration)

pictures courtesy of Michael Woolley and Sarah Kaye representation






and with these sexy sultry images I leave you to go to the airport to welcome some (almost -snowed-in ) friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment