Wednesday, December 1, 2010

World aids day 2010




I don't know what to make of the fact that the 3rd largest merger in SA-commerce history also falls on World Aids day.

Hopefully the MMI- holdings future will be.... mmm......long and... healthy?
that's rude
I know
I apologise.

anyway- December's dawn is always a special time for me.
The sweet smell of holiday and spring flowers and sunshine food is so alluring and it all orchestrates to make me so happy.
A deep kind of happy, the type that Christmas can bring.

The day transpired as an adrenalin rush of note. I pushed to get presentations done and then before I could worry about it: 18h and I had to get dressed for the annual Metropolitan 10 km race.

There is a type of sports/fitness challenge (voluntary) program at work run by Wayne do Rego, Kelvin Massingham and Paul Turner. Sweat-oozers.
So our team of 4 ladies was called: Swoozer-Sweethearts
Team: Marilize van Niekerk, Inge Aucamp, Jann Penfold, Maria Swanepoel.








me 63 minutes and I haGreat race, great weather (cool air without humidity)
Jann did great:55 minutes
Inge 59 minutes
I'vve yet to get Marilize's time.

This is the toughest (most hilly!) road race in the Cape Metropolis and truly a challenge!

Great fun
Great girls
Great spirit


Closed my eyes that night; a happy champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment