Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mags & Me ... could just as well have been Magic & Masterful.

Sunday Sadness is conspicuously missing...
It wafted upwards with the afternoon braai-smoke and the crisp December-breeze swiftly took it away.

I'm filled with music and memories of a great weekend. Friday's
stage production of "Tuesdays with Morrie" is keeping the "Carpe Diem" theme alive...
Saturday's "taking it easy and smelling the flowers" paid off...
I felt relaxed and I was mentally filling up ( or emptying?) in preparation for the work-week ahead.

My run Saturday-afternoon helped too. It created capacity for the Computacenter-year end dinner at Spier.

This day was more of "smelling the flowers " (lying in bed until a shameful hour and reading)
I finished my book ( rather a guide - to-life ) on Boundaries.

14h husband started the fire and we had the best-man over to join us for a late lunch...
followed by Ronel popping in with promises of a Christmas tree waiting for me at Lourensford.... followed by a bit of cleaning and house-keeping and arm wrestling for a turn at the computer.

And to get into the Christmas spirit... my little Nunu
( I've named him Noël ) has been looking after our tree.
I've found a pic of Noël being the "black sheep" of the group before I claimed him and rescued him from the pressure of conformity. ( Look at how pale his brothers and sisters are ) He must have felt terribly odd. It is brave to be different. And tiring.




Here Noël is happy and free on Ronel's front lawn. He likes to be the center of attention.


Thanks Yolandé for the branch-contribution, I'm playing with more ideas.
Biggest thanks however goes to Chris for rigging it up, strapping them together, potting it and decorating it.
Look how stunning.



pretty Pretty!





and with those happy-images, I am inspired to write to you about Mags & Me.

It all started ( as Margaretha Steyn's blog explains ) with two adults (beautifully gifted with a fine sense of the magical and healthy dosis precision)
decided that what they like most to do: is play.
I can relate to that.

Mags ( reference to founder, Margaretha Steyn ) and me (University-friend- Yolandé Malan ) have birthed this magical land of stuffed, hand-made toys.
Each toy has a name and a story.
You fall in love with each one.
(some pics taken during a recent boutique-market-place in Somerset-West. Hathersage farm.)


beautiful stall ladies !!

look at the little collection of birds... two flew home with me...

below is "langbeen leen" showing off...

pretty stalls all around Hathersage


the other tents contained little gems too...


some of these paper-Christmas decorations also settled on my tree...



speaking of the little winged-darlings...



No comments:

Post a Comment